Welcome to The Ray School, School Counselors page!
Pam Graham is our School Counselor and is here Tuesday through Friday during the week. Karen Strickland is also a part-time School Counselor and is our School Psychologist. Karen works Monday through Thursday.
If you’d like to learn more about what we do as School Counselors please see the link to our School Counselor Brochure.
School Counselor’s Update-September 2018
We are excited to share that this summer we attended our American School Counselor Association's National Annual Conference in Denver, CO thanks in large part to an SAU 70 Enrichment Grant we applied for and were awarded last spring. Not only did we come away with renewed and refreshed school counseling ideas, but information gleaned from current research and inspirational keynotes that will inform our practice. Now we are off and running into another school year! Our To-do list is expanding daily, but we feel good about what we're accomplishing as well. Here's a sampling of what we've been up to:
- Attending opening of school teacher inservice
- Meeting with families, teachers, and administrators
- Scheduling students, groups, and Affective Education classes
- Reviewing our Affective Education Curriculum
- Working on updating professional goals
- Meeting with and training 5th graders for volunteer leadership opportunities
- Beginning to match Ray students with SIBS from the Dartmouth College Tucker Foundation
- Teaching in classrooms
- Attending open houses
- Attending the 5th grade Keewaydin trip
- Volunteering at DHMC as part of New Hampshire's Disaster Behavioral Health Response Team
We are excited to welcome a Dartmouth College senior from the psychology department who will be shadowing us in classes and with some of our students. More on that later.
We’ll also try to keep our website updated with other important resources, news, and upcoming events as the year continues!