Girls on the Run: Registration Now Open
In an effort to save paper this year, Girls on the Run is not distributing fliers notifying families of registration dates. Here is the information for interested girls in grades 3-5:
- We will begin our season the week of March 4th if we have enough coaches. Practices will be held on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:00pm-4:30pm
- At this point, we are accepting a maximum of 40 girls, though we do not currently have the coaching staff needed. See details below to volunteer to coach!
- Once our team is full, a waiting list will begin.
- Once you register your daughter, you will receive an email confirmation. Prior to the start of the season, you will receive a welcome letter from your coaching team with important information including dates, expectations and logistics of the season.
- The registration fee, paid online during registration, is $100.
- Girls on the Run VT Central 5k will be Saturday, May 11 at Castleton University
- Register here for the Central Program. For the Site/School dropdown menu, you will find The Ray School, listed alphabetically under “T.”
- Attendance Policy: It is very important for your child to attend both sessions each week because the lessons build up from one to the next and because group relationships build over time. Participants are not allowed to sign up for one session a week. If you know your child can't make it to both sessions each week, please wait to register another season when her schedule opens up and leave room for a child who can. A child who is absent more than 4 times may be removed from the program for the rest of the season.
Girls on the Run: Calling All Coaches!
We are planning for another great Girls on the Run season at the Ray School. In order for us to host this program, we will need about 8 coaches. A coach is a volunteer position that works with a team to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants in grades 3-5. This position entails approximately four hours per week for a 9-week commitment. Coaches do not need to be runners. Please contact Lauren Amrhein at email@example.com with questions or to sign up.
Registration for the spring season is now open to students in Grades 2 through 8 (born before May 1, 2011). To register, visit http://
Pond Party Construction
Construction begins Saturday, February 2nd from 9AM-3PM. This year’s theme is ‘Ice Age - 250 Winters’. Join Hanover Parks & Recreation and bring your sculpture to life at Occom Pond! Register now! https://www.hanoverrec.com/
Pond Party on Saturday, Feb. 9th, Noon – 3pm
Join the fun Saturday, February 9th at 12PM. Family Skating, Ice Castle, Couch Potato Race, Music, Food, Tube Slides, Sleigh Rides, Snow Sculptures, Marshmallow Roasting, Sugar on Snow, Penguin Bowling, Parade, and The Moose! Park at Maynard & Dewey Lots. Shuttle 11:30 am—4:00 pm. No drop off/pick up at pond.
Hood Museum of Art Family Day
From 12-5 pm on Sunday, February 3, families are invited to explore the new Hood Museum, which opens to the public on January 26. During the event, families can try in-gallery activities, explore the museum on their own with a family guide, and create their own works of art to take home. At 1:30 pm, there will be a special performance by the Swing Peepers, a vocal-harmony and multi-instrument duo that performs inventive, earth-friendly, and interactive songs and stories. This event is for children ages 4 to 12 with adult companions. The event is FREE, and no registration is required. For more information, call (603) 646-1469.
Girls Youth Lacrosse Clinic
- WHO: 3rd-8th grade Hanover, Norwich, Lyme/Dresden girls lacrosse players
- HOSTS AND COACHES: Chris Seibel and the HHS Girls Lacrosse Players
- WHEN AND WHERE: Sunday, Feb. 10, from 5:00-6:00 PM at the HHS Gym
- SERIOUSLY SICK RAFFLE PRIZES:
- 1 Brine Mantra 3 Girls Lacrosse Stick, valued at $189.99
- 1 STX Exult Girls Lacrosse Stick, valued at $189.99
- 1 UA Charger 2 Girls Lacrosse Goggles, valued at $54.99
- Nike Skinny Hairbands and maybe some other goodies
- Cool Schwag donated by Suzi Curtis (PrAna? Pistil? Kari Traa? It’s a surprise!)
- Participants of the clinic will get one free raffle ticket. More tickets will be for sale at the Clinic. The drawing will take place at 6:00 PM, and you have to attend the Clinic to win! Proceeds will go to FOHL for Financial Aid and Youth Lacrosse support.
Girls Lax Registration Fest
Bring your laptop or ipad, and FOHL Lacrosse volunteers will help you with the registration process for both Recreation and ⅞ lacrosse. FOHL will supply at least two laptops. WHAT TO BRING: Clean sneakers, girls lacrosse stick, colored mouth guard, girls lax goggles, filled water bottle, your best attitude and an open mind for learning! This Clinic is organized by Friends of Hanover Lacrosse (FOHL) as part of a broader effort to create community within our girls’ lacrosse world. FOHL, a non-profit organization, supports the HHS Lacrosse Programs, manages the 7/8 lacrosse teams for the Dresden Schools, and encourages the development of lacrosse in our community. Thank you FOHL and Suzi Curtis for donating the raffle prizes! Thank you, Chris Seibel and the HHS Girls Team for hosting and coaching!
Try Hockey for Free Day
Twin Valley Youth Hockey invites children to KUA’s Akerstrom Arena on Saturday, February 23rd for a Try Hockey For Free clinic as part of Hockey Week Across America. Starting at 9:00 am, local youth, ages 4 to 9, are encouraged to experience ice hockey for the first time and learn the basic skills in a fun, safe environment. We look forward to welcoming families to Twin Valley to try our great sport of ice hockey. Our goal is for these families to enjoy watching their kids learn new skills with big smiles on their faces. USA Hockey's Try Hockey program, with the support of the National Hockey League and NHL member clubs, among others, is designed to provide youth hockey associations with a national platform for introducing children to the sport, free of charge. For more information, please contact Twin Valley Youth Hockey board member Matt Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, visit twinvalleyflyers.com.
Howe Library – Vacation Collage Challenges
Collage selfies? Torn paper creations? Wearable art? Join us for an afternoon of collage-making fun using a variety of materials, prompts and techniques. Registration by Feb.18th at the Children's Desk for grades 3 & 4 or call 640-3268.