Nugget School Vacation Special Showtimes
The Nugget will be showing three kids movie during school vacation week all starting in the late morning to include:
- LEGO MOVIE 2 AT 11:20 - 1:50- 4:20 - 6:50 RATED PG
- ALITA- BATTLE ANGEL 11:00- 1:40 - 4:15 - 6:45 RATED PG13
- SPIDERMAN- INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE 11:10 - 1:45 RATED PG
Come to Campion Rink for Public Skating!
- Monday 2/18 12:00PM - 1:30PM
- Wednesday 2/20 11AM - 12:30PM
- Thursday 2/21 12:00PM - 1:30PM
- Cost $6 Adult / $5 Child
- Skate rental $5
Girls on the Run: Registration Now Open
In an effort to save paper this year, Girls on the Run is not distributing fliers notifying families of registration dates. Here is the information for interested girls in grades 3-5:
- We will begin our season the week of March 4th if we have enough coaches.
- At this point, we are accepting a maximum of 40 girls, though we do not currently have the coaching staff needed. See details below to volunteer to coach!
- Once a team is full, a waiting list will begin.
- Once you register your daughter, you will receive an email confirmation. Prior to the start of the season, you will receive a welcome letter from your coaching team with important information including dates, expectations and logistics of the season.
- The registration fee, paid online during registration, is $100.
- Girls on the Run VT Central 5k will be Saturday, May 11 at Castleton University
- Register here for the Central Program. For the Site/School dropdown menu, you will find The Ray School, listed alphabetically under “T.”
- Attendance Policy: It is very important for your child to attend both sessions each week because the lessons build up from one to the next and because group relationships build over time. Participants are not allowed to sign up for one session a week. If you know your child can't make it to both sessions each week, please wait to register another season when her schedule opens up and leave room for a child who can. A child who is absent more than 4 times may be removed from the program for the rest of the season.
Girls on the Run Calling All Coaches!
We are planning for another great Girls on the Run season at the Ray School. In order for us to host this program, we will need about 8 coaches. A coach is a volunteer position that works with a team to facilitate the Girls on the Run curriculum to program participants in grades 3-5. This position entails approximately four hours per week for a 9-week commitment. Practices will be held on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:00pm-4:30pm. Our spring season will begin the week of March 4th if we have enough coaches. Girls on the Run VT Central 5k will be Saturday, May 11 at Castleton University. Coaches do not need to be runners. Please contact Lauren Amrhein at email@example.com with questions or to sign up.
Registration for the spring season is now open to students in Grades 2 through 8 (born before May 1, 2011). To register, visit http://
Try Hockey for Free Day
Twin Valley Youth Hockey invites children to KUA’s Akerstrom Arena on Saturday, February 23rd for a Try Hockey For Free clinic as part of Hockey Week Across America. Starting at 9:00 am, local youth, ages 4 to 9, are encouraged to experience ice hockey for the first time and learn the basic skills in a fun, safe environment. We look forward to welcoming families to Twin Valley to try our great sport of ice hockey. Our goal is for these families to enjoy watching their kids learn new skills with big smiles on their faces. USA Hockey's Try Hockey program, with the support of the National Hockey League and NHL member clubs, among others, is designed to provide youth hockey associations with a national platform for introducing children to the sport, free of charge. For more information, please contact Twin Valley Youth Hockey board member Matt Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, visit twinvalleyflyers.com.
19th Hole Party: Saturday, March 16, 7:00pm - 10:00pm. Enjoy a unique evening out. $60 includes 18 holes of indoor mini-golf, tasty hors d’oeuvres, a selection of wines and beer, live music, fabulous door prizes. (And don't forget about the pj party for the kids, so they can enjoy a night out too!)
The Howel Classic mini-golf event: Sunday, March 17, 11:00am-4:00pm. The 18-hole course opens for kids of all ages. Admission includes pizza, burritos, and treats too! For more info go to: www.thehowe.org/howelclassic
Positive Parenting Workshop
Tuesday, March 26th at Plainfield Elementary School, Rick Stockwell will present a discussion focused on helping parents raise children who become healthy, happy, responsible, respectful, and independent students and adults. Rick is a retired elementary school counselor with 38 years experience working with children and parents. Topics include self-esteem, positive discipline, motivation, and communication. Pot Luck from 5:30-6:00pm and discussion from 6:00-7:00pm. RSVP to Sara Wilmot at email@example.com. Childcare is available and donations are appreciated.
Howe Library – Vacation Collage Challenges
Collage selfies? Torn paper creations? Wearable art? Join us for an afternoon of collage-making fun using a variety of materials, prompts and techniques. Registration by Feb.18th at the Children's Desk for grades 3 & 4 or call 640-3268