Students in both Ms. Hareld’s and Mr. Stone’s classes joined forces for a team building challenge. Each group of four received six plastic cups and a rubber band with four strings attached to it. Each person in the group held onto one string as students attempted to create a pyramid of cups using only the rubber band to pick up each cup. Communication was key as students worked through how best to stack their cups into a pyramid. Many attempts ended in failure as students dropped cups and knocked over half created pyramids. Students showed perseverance as they tried again and again!
Upcoming Important Dates
- Thursday, September 30th: Picture Day
- Friday, October 8th: No School for students (teacher in-service)
- Monday, October 11th: Schools closed
Student Flu Clinic
Student Flu Vaccinations will be offered on Thursday, October 28th. This is for students of the Ray School only. More information will follow.
Picture Day will be held on Thursday, September 30th. This year we will be using Whipple’s Studio. Order forms will be sent home with students soon.
The lunch menu can be found here: https://rayschool.
If you would like to set up an online payment account, you can do so at MyMealTime. You can find your student(s) ID# in the top right hand corner of their page in your parent portal.
Membership forms went home with students this week. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Our September meeting will take place on Thursday, 9/23 at 7 pm. All parents/guardians of current Ray students are invited to join. Zoom link: https://sau70.zoom.us/j/
Box Tops (from General Mills) is a great way to earn free money for our school by doing something you already do - grocery shopping. Here's how it works:
- Download the free BoxTops app on your phone/tablet (or make sure you have the latest version).
- Grocery shop! Here's a list of all the participating products (it's huge!).
- Scan your grocery receipt within 14 days.
- Earn money for the Ray School! To date, we have earned more than $1,700. With this money, the school has purchased heart rate monitors for the PE program and outside supplies for recess (chalk, balls, and other equipment).
- Please send in any traditional clipped Box Tops (there aren't many, but there are some!) into the office where there's a collection bin. The first submission deadline is 11/1/21.
- Check the app for Bonus Offers - they really add up! Thank you for helping us to raise money for our school! Any questions? Please reach out to our School Coordinator, Jen Hutchins.
Touch a Truck
Come join us on Sunday, September 19, for a Touch-A-Truck event in support of National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! HPD will be joined by folks from Hanover Fire Department, the Department of Public Works, the US Post Office, and other members of the local service community. This is a fun opportunity for kids and families to meet some of your local community and get hands-on with police cruisers, fire trucks, and more. Join us at the Ray School, 26 Reservoir Road, from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
If you can’t make it this Sunday, you can still help us in our fight against childhood cancer by donating blood through the DHMC blood donor program, or by volunteering with CHaD. We hope you can join us!